Blake Medical Center Auxiliary Inc., awards scholarships to students who are pursuing a career in the field of medicine. These scholarships are awarded once an academic year. The number and amount of awards is based on the yearly budget set by the Executive Board of the Auxiliary.
PLEASE NOTE: Students applying for our scholarship must be currently enrolled in or accepted in a post secondary medical or medically related program at an accredited school, college, or university. The LPN, EMT, and Paramedic programs at MTC are acceptable.
- Applicants must be Manatee County Residents and U.S. citizens.
- Course of study must be in a medical or medically related profession.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in, or accepted by, a medical or medically related program at an accredited school, college, or university.
- Scholarships may not exceed 4 calendar years.
In order to be eligible for an Auxiliary Scholarship, the following must be submitted:
- A completed scholarship application
- A letter of acceptance from the school, college, or university in which you are currently enrolled or have been accepted.
- A certified copy of cumulative transcript (3.0 GPA or higher)
- A letter of request or need
- Three (3) letters of reference (Professional- Academic- Personal) No Relatives
- A recent photo
* All 1st time applicants, meeting the above requirements, will be interviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
* The Scholarship Committee is authorized to determine, in its absolute discretion, whether or not a scholarship recipient shall have the right to challenge or otherwise take issue with any determination made by the Scholarship committee in this regard.
Applications may be downloaded from our web site – www.blakemedicalcenter.com in PDF format. They are also available at Blake Medical Center’s information desk and the Volunteer Office on the 1st floor.
OR- DOWNLOAD HERE
Applications must be mailed to:
Blake Medical Center Auxiliary, Inc.
P.O. Box 14611
Bradenton, Fl. 34280
- Feb. 12, 2016 DEADLINE for NEW APPLICANTS & THOSE REAPPLYING for 2015 – 2016 academic year
- March, 2016 Interviews – NEW APPLICANTS ONLY
Applicants will be notified as to Interview date, time and location via e-mail
*NOTE: IF YOU WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE TO BE INTERVIEWED ON THE ASSIGNED DATE, PLEASE CONTACT Cindy Wonnacott AT 941-713-0354 OR VIA E-MAIL –email@example.com
- April, 2016 Notification of Scholarship Awards via e-mail.
- July, 2016 Checks will be disbursed to the school, college, or university recipients will be attending. The amount awarded will be deposited in each student’s account.
Detach and keep this document for your information before submitting your application.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REAPPLY EVERY YEAR YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE BLAKE’S SCHOLARSHIP BY SENDING US A LETTER OF REQUEST AND A CUMULATIVE TRANSCRIPT BY THE SET DEADLINE, OR YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A SCHOLARSHIP
Please notify us if you make any changes in (school, college, university, address, phone #, field of study, etc.)