Sarasota, FL (December 14, 2017): CareerEdge Funders Collaborative, in its ongoing mission to connect people to high demand, career-laddering occupations in the region, is partnering with six local automotive dealerships to offer a free short-term technician training program at Suncoast Technical College(STC).
Piloted this past fall with a class of ten Gettel Automotive entry-level employees, the “express” certification class will launch a second cohort of students in January with the additional dealerships on board to participate in this training program funded by CareerEdge through a donor with the Gulf Coast Community Foundation.
Gettel Automotive, Sunset Auto Group, Peterson Toyota of Sarasota, Venice Honda, Venice Toyota and Wilde Automotive will hire individuals with no experience at $12 per hour for full or part-time trainee positions. The new hires must then attend a mandatory, free 11-week automotive training program at STC’s Beneva Road campus on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m., January 16 to March 28, 2018.
Once participants complete the 11-week class, they will be paid $13 per hour full time with benefits, and will have the potential for additional certifications and growth at the dealerships. Average wages for mechanics are between $40,000 and $50,000.
Interested applicants should apply online directly at one of the following dealerships. These employers will choose the students for the free automotive technician training program.
• Gettel Automotive: http://gettel.applicantstack.com/x/openings
• Sunset Auto Group: https://sunsetautogroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/689331-236271.html
• Toyota of Sarasota: https://www.toyotaofsarasota.com/employment-application/
• Venice Toyota: https://www.venicetoyota.com/employment
• Venice Honda: https://www.venicehonda.com/employment
• Wilde Honda: https://www.gowildehonda.com/careers/