Meeting Our Community’s Workforce Needs
Bridges to Careers course deliveries are customized for both the audience served, as well as for individual employers or industry groups. Many programs are also delivered in tandem with industry-recognized certification programs to give participants job training in specific, high demand careers. In 2019, 140 participants were employed full or part time within two years of entering the program, participants saw an average wage increase of 56% in hourly wages. Post-training wages ranged from $12.50 to $20.50 per hour.
Bridges to Careers includes learning modules in:
What are the Bridges to Careers Programs?
- It is an employer-led, hands-on skills training in HVAC, Plumbing, Auto Lube, Marine Outboard, Auto/Marine Electrical, and Healthcare (CNA)
- It is a tuition-free training and is held in the evening so participants can hold down a wage during the day
- The training experience includes life and career skills training and/or financial literacy training
- Some programs also offer guest speakers and employer tours
Current industries who are participating:
- Healthcare: Certified Nursing Assistant
To learn more about this program, please reach us at:
p: 941.556.4038 or